(^ Newcastle Quayside on our way to Uno’s after our baby scan. Love this view!)
1. That little boy of ours. I mentioned in the last Wonderful Wednesday post that Phill had surprised me with a baby scan with Babybond Newcastle on the night of my birthday as I’ve been saying how desperate I am to see our little one’s face again. It was the sweetest! And what made it even better was that the midwife let us have a quick 4D scan as a birthday treat so I got to see his gorgeous little face and watched him while he stuck his tongue out and sucked his wrist. It was amazing getting to watch him without any of the anxiety of medical checks. We even managed to get a photo of his adorable ‘guilty’ face, he’s just perfect.
2. Our wedding anniversary. We usually don’t do anything to celebrate, or buy gifts for our anniversaries. But this year Phill surprised me with a wedding photo book as we never got round to getting our album put together. And on the back cover was a little scan picture with the words “Onto our next adventure with our partner in crime”. He really is the best at surprises!
3. Loaded potato skins. We went to Uno’s in town for a birthday tea and I had the tastiest, cheesiest loaded potato skins that I still can’t stop thinking about! Uno’s has been around for years in Newcastle (remember the walls full of celebrity signatures?) but it’s my favourite Italian if you like a traditional pizza with no fuss.
4. Arlo’s breakfast. If you’re ever near Jesmond, make a stop at Arlo’s for breakfast. I would 100% recommend the waffles with bacon and maple syrup – seriously so good! The cafe itself is decorated beautifully and if you sit outside they have patio heaters and throws for you. I’ll definitely be going back in the Summer and sitting outside.
5. Mother daughter shopping days. They’re the best aren’t they? My mam and I hadn’t been out together in so long, so Sunday off we went to Arlo’s for breakfast then into town for a full day of shopping. The highlight of the day had to be driving through Jesmond and seeing a woman walking in the street in her PJ’s, complete with fur coat! Only in Jesmond!
How’s your week been?
The lovely Sally is responsible for all of this Wonderful Wednesday goodness, so hop on over to her blog to read what’s made her happy this week. And don’t forget to check out these lovely ladies who also share their #wonderfulwednesday every week – Michelle, Kate, Helen, Jo, Cat, Sam, Kerri, Sarah and El.
Sorry if I’ve missed anyone from this list, the #WonderfulWednesday group is getting bigger and bigger by the week!