This weekend was the warmest, happiest weekend of the year so far – I couldn’t help feel like it was already Summer! I’m just going to ignore the fact that it’s still only the start of April. Most of my Wonderful Wednesday happy list happened over this weekend, so lets get straight into it…
1. Baby shower. On Saturday my friends and family threw me a baby shower and it was such a nice afternoon! I’m not one for being the centre of attention so it was kept low key – we went to Sorella Sorella, a local Italians, for an afternoon tea complete with the most amazing Italian sandwiches, scones with Nutella and plenty of cocktails (or mocktails in my case!). I think I’m going to post a few of the photos from the day on here soon.
2. Surprise flowers. When I arrived at my baby shower, there in the middle of the table was the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers from my hubby (and bump and Willow) – he had my wedding bouquet replicated which is just the sweetest thing and a little note to say Happy Baby Shower 🙂
3. Sun. How good did it feel this weekend to have some actual sun? We went for a lovely walk one afternoon with Willow, I can’t wait for the Summer to enjoy even more walks in the sun.
4. Our house. We recently added a few more new things to our house and I’m so pleased with how it turns out. We’ve been slowly working away at getting it to exactly how we want, piece by piece replacing things from the previous owners and it has been worth the wait. It feels nice for everything to come together!
5. My Mama. I don’t think I know anyone as thoughtful as my Mam. She surprised me last week with an early baby shower present where she had put together my full hospital bag with every piece of nightwear, towels and toiletries I could need! For my baby shower she also arranged the most gorgeous little wish bracelets for us all. She really is the best, I don’t know what I’d do without her! I hope I can be as good of a Mama to my little boy as my Mam has to me.
And that’s about it for this week, how’s your week been?
The lovely Sally is responsible for all of this Wonderful Wednesday goodness, so hop on over to her blog to read what’s made her happy this week. And don’t forget to check out these lovely ladies who also share their #wonderfulwednesday every week – Michelle, Kate, Helen, Jo, Cat, Sam, Kerri, Sarah and El.
Sorry if I’ve missed anyone from this list, the #WonderfulWednesday group is getting bigger and bigger by the week!