What else can make your week a good one than a 4 day weekend that involved beaches, BBQ’s and cocktails? This weekend flew over and it’s always sad knowing that’s the last bank holiday weekend but *whispers* that means it’s count down to Christmas and cosy jumper weather will be on it’s way soon. (
Sorry… I’m not sorry at all!)
So a few things that have made my week:
1. Beaches. We went up to Ross Sands again on Friday – the weather was perfect and the sea was a gorgeous shade of turquoise. We stopped off for a full English breakfast before hand and spent a couple of hours wandering up the beach, spotted a seal bobbing around, and watched Willow swim in the little pools of water that were forming as the tide changed (she’s too scared to swim in the actual sea).
2. BBQ’s. On Saturday we had a BBQ in our new garden (you can see our garden makeover here) and sat outside with drinks around the fire pit, it was so relaxing.
3. Midnight cupcakes. Nothing fancy, just good old vanilla butterfly cakes made for a midnight sugar craving – Mary Berry would probably be horrified.
4. Bank holiday cocktails. On Monday Phill and I went into town for a wander around in the sun, ate burgers on the grass bank at the old castle, had a look around The Baltic, then off to The Town Wall for a cocktail (a Caipirinha). Later we met up with family for a meal and had the tastiest grilled chicken satay skewers.
5. Willow. (She always has to be on my happy list!) My favourite moment with willow this week – I picked her up on the beach to get her over some water and she started swimming in the air for some strange reason!
6. Sunsets. Last night we took Willow for a walk up to Blyth beach and stopped for fish and chips. Walks on the beach at sunset are the best.
7. Cosy jumpers. Let’s pretend I haven’t shopped for Autumn already and bought the cosiest jumpers from H&M. I couldn’t choose between cream and a blush pink, so at only £14.99 each I got them both.
Tell me your favourite parts of the week!
The lovely Sally is responsible for starting off Wonderful Wednesday so hop on over to her blog to read what’s made her happy this week. And don’t forget to check out these lovely ladies who also share their #wonderfulwednesday – Michelle, Kate, Helen, Jo, Cat, Sam and Kerri.