This last week has mostly made me a little bit excited for Autumn. Although I’m waaaay past my school days, September will always be the time for ‘back to school’ and that’s what marks the end of Summer for me. Although I’m looking forward to cosy jumper weather, I’m still hanging on to the last little bit of summer and will be fitting in as many sunny walks as I can before the trees turn orange and out comes the bobble hat from hibernation.
A few happy things from this week:
1. Listening to Summer rain. Lying on the sofa with the window open listening to the pitter patter of rain drops whilst still being warm. Is there anything more relaxing?
2. Holidays. We finally booked our holiday to Crete. I can’t wait for long days around the pool reading a good book and relaxing for two weeks – it’s been a long time coming!
3. The Chillhop Cafe YouTube channel. I love listening to chill out music and The Chillhop Cafe is just PERFECT for this – it’s a live radio playing 24/7 chill out music. If you’re looking for something relaxing to listen to you should definitely check it out (here).
4. Willow. Her bowls are near our radiator in the kitchen and sometimes when she’s eating, her tail taps the radiator and she gives herself a fright every time. Those pesky radiators appearing out of nowhere! (That’s her up there ^ burying her little head in my hands on our last beach walk.)
5. The Jungle Book. I’m always a bit unsure of Disney remakes, but The Jungle Book got it right. I love how you can see some of the features of voice-over’s in their characters. Would definitely recommend for a rainy weekend!
6. Sunday (on a Monday) dinner. On Monday night I made a Sunday lunch with rosemary and thyme roast chicken – it was pretty tasty if I do say so myself. Sunday lunch is way better on a Monday don’t you think?
Let me know your best parts of the week!
The lovely Sally is responsible for starting off Wonderful Wednesday so hop on over to her blog to read what’s made her happy this week. And don’t forget to check out these lovely ladies who also share their #wonderfulwednesday – Michelle, Kate, Helen, Jo, Cat, Sam and Kerri.